Question not answered? Contact Meridian Public Schools Superintendent Craig Carmoney at Craig.Carmoney@merps.org or by phone at 989-687-3200
- $2.5 MM. The initial project costs are approximately $2 MM. An initial $500,000 is projected for future project upkeep, maintenance, and enhancements.
- $500,000 is the goal. We have set the bar high, and hope to shatter this goal!
- No. Residents of the District passed a millage in 2018 which included funding for athletic field resurfacing. Additional funds from the District, grants, sponsorships and donations will be the source of funding for this project.
- All donations are deductible as allowed by law. Applicable documentation will be provided by Meridian Public Schools for tax filing purposes.
- All funding will be handled through a new earmarked account through Meridian Public Schools. Sponsors/donors have a range of options to assist in specific locations. However; all donations will be placed in the same account.
- While we anticipate (And hope!) that our goal is met, there is always the possibility that we don't reach our mark. In the event that our goal is not met, funds that were donated will remain in an earmarked, MERPS controlled account until the goal is met.
- The Mustangs VIctors Club will work closely with Meridian Public Schools administration on possible additional areas of need within the scope of this project. In the event that we raise more than our goal, these additional funds will be applied to additional school-related improvements, and/or future maintenance costs.
- Construction will begin as early as April 2022, with most of the work occurring over the Summer of 2022. The goal would be for the football stadium enhancements to be in place for the 2022 season kickoff in August. The outdoor classroom spaces would also be available to students beginning in the Fall of 2022.
- Meridian Public Schools has seen steady or growing enrollment over the last decade and the 2021-2022 is one of the largest during that period. The specific improvements included in the Outdoor Facility Renovation Project touch a large percentage of our student body, and provide necessary enhancements to ensure our District remains a leader in education excellence in our region.
- No. Careful consideration has been put into this project regarding ways that all students could benefit, not just athletes. Although we believe that athletics is a form of education, we recognize that they aren't for everyone. That is why we want the arts, physical education classes, and the rest of the student body to be able to find benefits in these upgrades.
- More than 300 young athletes participate in community based youth sports programs that utilize these facilities. Members of the community have access to the track and walking trails for exercise and leisure use as well.
- The new public restrooms, ticket box and stadium entrance will provide an enhanced spectator experience - not just for track meets and football games, but for other events such as band showcases and Commencement Ceremonies.
- The track is currently utilized by many citizens within the community. Specific activites on the softball, baseball and football fields would need to be coordinated and considered by the Meridian Public Schools Athletic Director.
- These facilities also deliver tangible future economic benefit with the opportunity to host out-of-district events, and tournaments which would generate field and facility rental income.
- One of the purposes of the creation of the Mustangs Victors Club was to seek funds that would address this very question. In addition, Meridian Public Schools employees maintenance personnel who will be trained on how to maintain these upgrades.
Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions. Your generous donation will fund our mission.